Archive for May, 2010
Tuesday, May 25th, 2010
Monday, May 24th, 2010
Super Mario World (スーパーマリオワールド Suupaa Mario Waarudo?), also known in Japan as Super Mario Bros. 4 (as a subtitle, with Super Mario World being the main title; this subtitle was also the working title for the game), is a platform video game developed and published by Nintendo as a pack-in launch title for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES), and is the seventh game in the Super Mario series. Development was handled by Nintendo’s Research & Development Team 4, led by Shigeru Miyamoto, who directed the game along with Takashi Tezuka.
The game centers on the quest of Mario and Luigi to save the Dinosaur Land from Bowser, the series’ antagonist. The two brothers must travel across seven worlds to restore order to Dinosaur Land. It built on the gameplay of previous Mario games by introducing new power-ups that augment character abilities, and established conventions that were carried over to future games in the series.
The game was a critical and commercial success, gaining a legacy and selling over 20 million copies worldwide. It has been re-released three times, first as part of a combo with Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES in 1994. Secondly, it was released on the Game Boy Advance with modified gameplay, as the second part of the Super Mario Advance series. The third re-release was for the Wii’s Virtual Console in North America in 2007; there were little changes from the original SNES version.
Friday, May 21st, 2010
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is a 2D action-adventure game developed and published by Konami in 1997. Its Japanese title is Akumajō Dracula X: Gekka no Yasōkyoku (悪魔城ドラキュラX 月下の夜想曲,? officially translated as Devil’s Castle Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight). It is the 13th installment of the Castlevania series, the first installment released for the PlayStation and is a direct sequel to Akumajō Dracula X Chi no Rondo.
Symphony of the Night was an important milestone of the Castlevania series. It steered the series away from the standard level-by-level platforming formula of older titles and introduced a new style of open-ended gameplay mixed with RPG-like elements that would be emulated by most of its successors. A similar, earlier form of this type of gameplay existed in Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest. The development of these features can be attributed to Koji Igarashi, the game’s director and one of the team’s newest members. Igarashi, a noted fan of 2D games,was instrumental in refining the game’s control scheme. His primary motivation for the abrupt design change was seeing dozens of Castlevania games in the “used” bargain bin in Japanese video game stores, as linear Castlevania games offered limited replay value after completion. He also established an official Castlevania canon, in an attempt to tie up several loose ends in the series’ time line during Symphony of the Night.Other notable staff include character designer Ayami Kojima and composer Michiru Yamane.
Thursday, May 20th, 2010
New version of this Nintendo DS Emulator for Windows..
From the Author:
“This release focuses on emulation bugfixes and features of interest to homebrew developers. Most users will find that the compatibility
is increased substantially.
Some save files may be invalidated due to use of broken crc logic. Back up your DSV files before using this version of the emulator or else
the game might wipe it.
Users of OSX, gtk, cli and gtk-glade frontends please note that now we have a common directory in ~/.config/desmume for config file,
saves and savestates. The old .desmume.ini will be moved automatically with the name config but you have to move your saves
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010
Kawaks v1.62 released
Thought it was about time for an update to Kawaks…
- New drivers:
- X-Men: Children of the Atom (Japan 950105)
- X-Men: Children of the Atom (Hispanic 950105)
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Hispanic 980629)
- Giga Wing (Hispanic 990222)
- Eco Fighters (Hispanic 931203)
- Dungeons and Dragons: ToD (Hispanic 940113)
- Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (Korean version)
- Quiz Daisousa Sen: Last Count Down (Korean version)
- Quiz King of fighters (Korean version)
- Final Fight (Japan hack)
- Biaofeng Zhanjing (Chinese bootleg)
- Dinosaur Hunter (Chinese bootleg)
- Pang! 3 (Euro 950601)
- Street Fighter II – The World Warrior (Thunder Edition)
- Changed Ironclads C and P ROM makeup to how its suspected they would have been on a real MVS cart.
- Fixed incorrect ROM sizes in KODB and WOFHFH.
- Fixed KNIGHTS and clones ROM names to match MAME.
- Fixed HSF2J ROMs to match MAME.
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010
Monday, May 17th, 2010
Monday, May 17th, 2010
Banjo-Kazooie is a platform and action-adventure video game developed by Rare and published by Nintendo as the inaugural game in the Banjo-Kazooie series. It was released in 1998 for the Nintendo 64 and later re-released in 2008 for the Xbox Live Arcade.
The game is set in the fictional location of Spiral Mountain where a bear named Banjo and a bird named Kazooie live. Gruntilda the witch kidnaps Banjo’s sister, Tooty, to steal her beauty via a transformation device. Banjo and Kazooie set out on a dangerous adventure to rescue Tooty.
Banjo-Kazooie was a critical and commercial success, and went on to become one of the best-selling games for the Nintendo 64.
Saturday, May 15th, 2010
Sega has posted its fiscal year results and, in the process, revealed its best-selling games of the previous year.
As expected, the company’s report shows that Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games was by far the best-selling game for Sega, with Aliens vs. Predator, Bayonetta and Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing taking slots two through four.
The full list of Sega’s best-selling games for its fiscal year follow:
1. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii, DS) – 6,530,000
2. Aliens vs. Predator (PS3, 360, PC) – 1,690,000
3. Bayonetta (PS3, 360) – 1,350,000
- FB Alpha 0.2.97.26
- RockNES 5.08 released
- NesDS 1.1b
- MAMEUI32 0.145.8
- MAMEUI64 0.145.8
- Download NBA In the Zone 98 (Rom)
- Download NBA In the Zone 2000 (Rom)
- Download NBA Hangtime (Rom)
- Download NBA Courtside 2 – Featuring Kobe Bryant (Rom)
- Download NASCAR 99 (Rom)
- Download NASCAR 2000 (Rom)
- Download Namco Museum (Rom)
- Download Nagano Winter Olympics 98 (Rom)
- Download Nagano Olympic Hockey 98 (Rom)
- Download Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (Rom)
- Download Multi Racing Championship (Rom)
- Download Ms. Pac-Man – Maze Madness (Rom)
- Download Mortal Kombat Trilogy (Rom)
- Download Mortal Kombat Mythologies – Sub-Zero (Rom)
- Download Mortal Kombat 4 (Rom)